Monday, August 6, 2007

Lesson 2 Psalm 119:9-16

Psalm 119:9-16
These verses in the Acrostic start with the Hebrew letter BETH.

9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?
taking heed
thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
12 Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
13 With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies,
as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
(KJV)


This week in these verses we will look at some of the things that this section tells us God's Word, the Holy Bible does.

The Word Cleanses(9) and helps us to not wander(10) when we learn and obey it.
This ties in with verse 11 where the Psalmist realizes when hiding the Word in his/her heart, that will give the guidance to avoid sinning against God.

Verses 12-16 we see the Psalmist allowing the Lord to teach us and delighting in His statutes(laws), while rejoicing in His testimonies.
The Psalmist declaring God's judgments, respects the Lord's Ways,
meditates in His precepts and will not forget God's Word.

Statutes, judgments, testimonies, "thy ways", precepts, and "thy Word" are all ways of saying God's Holy Word, The Bible and His ways for us.

So to summarize if we even just TRY to practice Psalm 119 verses 9 through 16 then surely we will begin to grow spiritually and become a stronger Christian.
The Holy Spirit honors God's Word so if you are obeying The Word of God, He too will help you grow in these areas.

May you be blessed as you grow in God's Word!

No comments: